We the faculty, staff, and students of the Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies affirm our commitment to the responsible environmental stewardship of our School, the University, the city of New Haven, and the places where we teach and conduct research. In the course of these activities, we shall strive to:
- • reduce our use of natural resources;
- • support the sustainable production of the resources we must use by purchasing renewable, reusable, recyclable, and recycled materials;
- • minimize our use of toxic substances and ensure that unavoidable use is in full compliance with federal, state, and local environmental regulations;
- • reduce the amount of waste we generate and promote strategies to reuse and recycle waste that cannot be avoided; and
- • restore the environment where possible.
Each member of the School community is encouraged to set an example for others by being a steward of our environment.